Squid 2.3 and Apache under mosxs 1.2

From: Morten Rønseth <Morten.Ronseth@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 16:44:54 +0200

Hi,

I've compiled and installed squid 2.3 STABLE2 under MacOS X Server 1.2.
I used to run it as an accellerator on port 80 and apache on port 81. This
worked great for all purposes, but I wanted to remove the ':81' that was
tagged on to requests in the log file. So, I bound apache to port 80 on
localhost and told squid to communicate with apache on the same setup. Now,
acting as a proxy I can get contents from everywhere on the net EXCEPT from
the machine on which squid is running. Squid then returns 'Access Denied'
and the log shows 'TCP_CLIENT_REFRESH_MISS:NONE' at the end of entries when
surfing from the local machine or 'TCP_NEGATIVE_HIT:NONE' when using squid
as a proxy from other machines.
Getting contents from ALL other webservers on the net works just fine.
I've removed all 'http_access' lines except '
http_access allow all'.

Should I be able to access the local apache server in this scenario? In case
of yes, how?

Cheers,

-Morten
Coil AS http://www.coil.no
Morten Lerskau Rønseth mailto:Morten.Ronseth@coil.no
Karenslyst Allé 18d Tlf.: (47) 2254 1820
0278 Oslo Fax : (47) 2254 1821
Norway Mob.: (47) 9343 4357