RE: smb_auth failing

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 08:01:14 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, Scroggins, Kelly wrote:

> I can list the files in the 'netlogon' directory. But when I try to
> use the debug command of smb_auth, the process fails when trying to
> open the proxyauth file.

I think this is your problem - until you can connect and read the contents
of the 'proxyauth' file (which should be "allow"), Squid can't
successfully authenticate either. Play with directory permissions and
Samba's settings until you get that part working - it sounds like you have
the Squid side of things right.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781