TTl Problem

From: Dani Tal <dani.tal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 09:53:25 +0200

We have Squid installed up and running for quit a while.
There is only one annoying problem we where unable to resolve.
When accessing our Siemens Intarnet via a Netscape proxy located on the
remote site we get from time to time
Only part of the page displayed, the other parts display errors like "Error
The requested URL could not be retrieved" on parts of the page. If I wait 30
seconds and try to follow the link, must of the time I can resolve the
problem.
If I change my proxy configuration to point to the remote Netscape proxy I
always get the page correctly, so this must be a Squid problem.
I think that the problem is that Squid "gives up " to soon to resolve the
link. How do I set it to wait longer for the link resolve ?
We are not on the same DNS zone and can't resolve DNS name directly, The
Netscape proxy is probably doing it for us when we surf on the Intarnet, so
this doesn't look like the DNS TTL described in the FAQ.
Any suggestions ?

Dani Tal
MIS Carmiel
Information Systems and Technologies,