Multihomed Squid and others...

From: Stephen Amadei <amadei@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 02:46:52 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I am using Squid 2.3 Stable 2 on Linux 2.2.14. 512 Mem memory, 40 Gig
spool, async-io.

I was wondering if there was some sort of way to make put two interfaces
on a Linux system, one for each BGP4 announced route, and force Squid to
divide up the outgoing source address so that half the squid traffic comes
back on each of my T1's?

My next question concerns async-io. I enabled it, but the FAQ states that
the "squid -k rotate" feature will not work... but it is. Did this
recently change?

And finally, I'm having two performance problems with Squid. The first
is that Linux slowdown over a couple of days... enabling async-io seems
to have solved this... but now, after 4-5 days, the system looses all
networking. It doesn't crash; but it can't create outgoing network
connections or accept incoming ones. I doubt this is a Squid problem,
but I'd figure I better ask, as no other Linux server has ever done this
to me before. BTW, I am using the 3Com 3C905C network card with 3Com's
3c59x.c driver... there is another driver available by third party, but
it doesn't want to shift the card into full duplex. Any thoughts?

Thanx in advance.

                                        ----Steve
Stephen Amadei
Dandy.net CTO