Comm_poll_incomming..... ?

From: <rob1tt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 10:58:31 +0100

I get the message

'comm_poll_incoming: NULL write handler'

in access.log

squid 2.2STABLE4

I think it has something to do with my cache peer

cache_peer proxy1.alcom.co.uk parent 3128 3130

as when I rem out the peer the message goes away.

I was also getting the message

sslReadClient: FD * read failure: (104) Connection reset by peer

(where * was either 16,9,12,14)

and the message

Detected DEAD Parent: proxy1.alcom.co.uk/3128/3130

These problems started about two weeks ago. I have deleted and recreated
the cache DIRS and changed the network card.

I also have this strange anomaly.

If IE5 has proxy set as proxy1.alcom.co.uk:3128, I get decent performance
(as decent as it gets for them)
If IE5 has no proxy, I get crappy performance
If IE5 is set to my proxy (with the peer line), I get crappy performance
If IE5 is set to my proxy (without peer line), I still get crappy performance.

proxy1.alcom.co.uk is supposed to be a transparent proxy so the peer/no
peer setting should make no difference and the proxy/no proxy in IE5 should
make no difference (am I right)

Who is likely to be at fault here? my squid box (I have similar performance
results with a second box) or their proxy?

ALL help is much appreciated.

I don't want to change all 150 pc's on site as it would require a reinstall
of IE5.

Cheers everyone.