Re: Q. How to do use client's ipaddress with squid?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 07:54:07 +0200

SeonKyu Park wrote:

> Hi Squid Users~
> When the client is uploading(ex. send webmail & write article etc.. ) to a web server
> that I want hide my squid's ip address.

> I want use ip address of client's ip address or specific ip address( not squid's ip)..

It might be possible if Squid is running on the router where all traffic
to/from the client is being forwarded (not only web proxying), but it
defenitely belongs in the "woodo magic" section, and violates basic IP
networking rules (one ip -> one host).

> Is this possible ??

Sometimes with some hacking of Squid and the OS kernel (TCP/IP
implementation), but I stronly discourage you to even think about it due
to the amount of possible unexcpected sideeffects in TCP/IP networking.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker