Firewall-Problem

From: Heinz Ahrens <xf01070@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 15:33:05 +0200 (MEST)

Hallo Squid-Users,

i use Squid on a firewall, works fine.
Now i want to use squid on an intern-proxy-cache in my LAN over phttpd
(FW-Software from IBM)

That works fine, too. But my firewall is slow and there are too many
users.

The problem is phttpd. Sometimes there is no connections from my
intern-squid-cache to:

   telnet firewall 8080

(i modified the 4 parameters with no success)

What can i do:

1. Use another version of phttpd ?
2. Use SOCKS ?
3. Use NAT ?
4. Use extern IPs in my LAN ?
5. Squid on the Firewall without caching (what about performance)
6. Squid in my DMZ over squid-gw
7. something else

Isnt there someone who has got the same configuration. A small firewall
and too many users.

Greeting

  Heinz Ahrens