ACL 'included files' with no entries

From: Bob Franklin <r.c.franklin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:56:41 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)

Hi,

[Using Squid 2.2-stable3 + patches.]

I have some files of entries referenced in an ACL, e.g.:

  acl blocked-hosts src "/opt/squid/etc/blocked-hosts"
  http_access deny blocked-hosts

However, when I have no entries in 'blocked-hosts', I get an error when
[re-]starting Squid - presumably you can't have empty included files (the
file had comments, but no 'active' entries).

Can this be 'fixed' so you can have empty files - or is there a
workaround? Some of these files are built automatically, so it would be
awkward commenting out the corresponding 'http_access' line (or whatever).

Thanks in advance,

  - Bob

--
 Bob Franklin <r.c.franklin@reading.ac.uk>     Tel. +44 (0)118 931 8432
 Systems and Communications, IT Services, The University of Reading, UK