Re: TCP_SWAPFAIL_MISS and asyncufs/2.3

From: Franklin R. Jones <grat@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:05:03 -0600

On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 07:20:21PM +0200, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> > Q's:
> > 1. TCP_SWAPFAIL_MISS means squid thought it had the object but cannot
> > retrieve it from the cache. Why would this be happening (especially on a
> > fresh cache)?
>
> Some might happen, but you should not see a lot of them.

  define "some", just this morning I flushed my cache on a Solaris 2.7
system, running 2.3 stable2. system was built and cache init on 2.2,
(~3 months ago?) then upgraded to 2.3 about 2+ weeks ago. response
through this cache dropped dramaticly, noticed that almost all
accesses were either swapfail_miss or tcp_miss. seemed almost that i
was getting swapfails instead of hits, but haven't gone log file
diving to find out yet. since this was a production cache I flushed it
(nulled out swap.state) and things seem normal again. No disk problems
or other untoward errors logged in cache or system logs that I can
find.

an oddment, any ideas, insights similar occurrences out there?

fj..

--
	"The days are just packed!"   Calvin & Hobbs