streaming / buffering

From: xrr <xrr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 16:58:41 +0200

Hello,

It's a bit an offtopic question as it's not only related squid but most of
the proxies...

When receiving information a proxy will tend to read chunk of information
(I think I've read something like 16Kb in a post...) before sending it to
the browser. (I guess it changes between proxies anyway...)
My problem is that I'd like to be able to tell the proxy to flush the
buffer (transmit to the client) for some streaming contents without having
to send 16Kb of informations for each string I want to stream...

Is there a well-known or obvious solution to this issue ?

A connected question : How long will squid keep the connection open ?

Thanks in advance,

                Xavier