Re: Uptime, Crashes with squid

From: Ertan Kucukoglu <ertank@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 09:40:50 +0300

Jimmy Stewpot wrote:

> Hello all,
> If we where to have a crash, is there anyway that we can get squid to automatically restart, or anything like that apon a major errors. This is because we have several squid servers around the country and would prefer not to have to drive out to restart as we have had to stop telnet/ssh access.
> thankyou
> Jimmy Stewpot

Hello,

If you sure that it can restart after a crash then make a shell script that
checkes if squid is running. If not running then just run it. After add an
entry to the cron jobs that runs the script every desired time (5mins maybe
or every minute. It's up to you.)

Also, think of that there maybe a severe error that prevents squid from
running.

Regards,

--
Ertan Kucukoglu