WCCP

From: Martin Svensson <martin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 11:39:29 +0200

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on setting up a cache environment for quite alot of clients (>=
10000) that today have their proxies configured to the firewall proxy
(non-transparent).

If we are to set up a squid-cache here (we use it today but just locally at
one site, it 6 sites connected via a wan) and want it transparent so users
don't have to change their proxies again do we have to use WCCP?
What are the benefits with WCCP instead of a rule saying that everything on
port 80 to the fw is to be redirected to the cache? Can someone direct me
to a tutorial about wccp? I searched the cisco site but it's to much
marketing b*llshit.. :(

We're considering Linux (we use it today with great satisfaction but not
transparent), any problems?
How much machine do we need, our internet connection is 6Mbit.

Thanks in advance ..
Martin Svensson
Dep. of Technology
University Hospital of Malmoe