Fw: Tranparent Proxy Server and Geocities

From: Craig Whitmore <lennon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 10:56:52 +1200

I found the problem..
We have a parent squid server we point our squid server to. Its running squid version 1.1.20 (YUK. I can't change it..)
it kills the geocities requests for some reason if we use transparent proxy to our squid server which
sends it them them.

If I go

acl local-servers-2091 dst 209.1.0.0/255.255.0.0
never_direct deny local-servers-2091
(so any requests for geocities are sent from our caching server instead of forward them to the other one)
It works properly. Anyone know why 1.1.20 would kill geocities requests if send via a transparent squid server?

If I set up in the browser the squid port and use geocities sending the requests to the 1.1.20 squid server it works
perfectly well. I'm stumped..

Craig Whitmore
iGRIN Internet
http://www.igrin.co.nz