Re: Two sibling proxies & authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 21:57:03 +0200

Pedro Lineu Orso wrote:

> I have two internal Squid proxies using sibling and proxy_auth acl.
> I am trying to implement some kind of "load balancing" in proxy.pac using
> Super Proxy Script from http://naragw.sharp.co.jp/sps/index.html, and when
> accessing some page, both Squid servers ask me to autenticate.
> Does anybody know how can I bypass the second authentication ?

By making sure the user goes to the same proxy name for the whole
session. I.e. load balancing by user (source) rather than destination or
any other per-request "random" distribution.

Load-balancing DNS is also a good option, and can be combined with
proxy-pac for error recovery purposes.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker