Re: log file question

From: K.DEEPAK <kdeepak@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 19:45:40 +0530

Hai Henrick,

                         Thanks for the prompt reply. But i have a doubt on
this. I have installed squid via RedHat RPM only. My squid rpm is
squid-1.1.22-2.i386.rpm. But , as said by you , i can't see any squid file
in /etc/logrotate directory. I checked even the /etc/squid.conf file also.
But, it just only says how many rotations of log files i can keep. But , i
want the squid to do something like this:

1. If the size of the log file exceeds 20MB it should rename in the format
mentioned below.
2. or if the log file is older than one month it should get renamed.
3. in any case the log rotations should not be more than 10 times, when it
reaches the 10th logrotate, the first one should get chucked out. i.e first
in first out.

I hope that i have made myself clear........

Please help me.......

Eagerly waiting for ur reply.

With regards

K.Deepak