Re: log file question

From: Martin Brooks <martin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 16:57:45 +0100

At 21:06 24/04/00 +0530, kdeepak wrote:
>hi henrik,
>
> but this is what was there in the linux redhat 5.2 cd.
>i have squid1.NOVM version installed. Oh really !!!!!!, is this the old
>one. then please tell me which is the latest squid version. the ftp site

this is a /very/ old version the latest version is 2.3 which is available
for download from http://www.squid-cache.org - I couldn't say whether
there's an RPM available or not as I always compile form source.

>you had given , is not working out. even i am not able to ping to that
>site. i tried ftp'ing squid-cache.org. there i found out lot of 2.x
>versions. shall i go for it. whether my linux RedHat 5.2 kernel will
>support it.

Redhat is the name of a Linux distribution. You can find out which Linux
kernel version you are running by typing 'uname -a' at a command
prompt. If your using the 2.0.3x kernel chain the latest is 2.0.38 and you
should seriously consider upgrading to that or to the 2.2.x kernel chain.
The lastest stable kernel in this chain is 2.2.14.

Squid will run quite cheerfully on both.

Regards

Martin A. Brooks
The package said Windows NT 4 or better - I installed Linux.