Squid is running, browser tries to use it, nothing happens

From: Josh Kuperman <josh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 17:27:36 -0400

I set up a multihomed host with 3 NICs running Squid installed from
the Debian package version of Squid 2.2STABLE5. The processes are
running. The Three NICs are set (1) by DHCP to an ISP (2) and (3) to
fixed IP addresses by me. I can ping and traceroutes to remote
locations. One is using 172.16.1.1 - I tell lynx (running on the same
machine to use 172.16.1.1:3128 and lynx sits there unable to connect
to the proxy-server. There are no errors in any logs that I can
find. Nothing in /var/log/squid nothing is /var/syslog.

Anyone have ideas on how to debug this? Since nothing seems to show up
in the Squid logs after it starts and nothing happens with lynx (the
only browser actually on the server machine) I've no idea what to do.

--
Josh Kuperman
josh@saratoga.lib.ny.us