Re: installing on solaris 7

From: -andrew <stacka@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 12:46:15 -0400 (EDT)

-david

fwiw, i've got squid-2.3stabl2 on sol7. for peace of mind i used all gnu
utils like flex, bison, make, gcc-2.8.1 and it compiles like a champ. i
somehow remember bugs in older versions of gcc (< 2.6.x). gcc >= 2.7.2.3
i have not had any problems with.

i dl'd gcc binary from sunfreeware, then i compiled the gcc src again with
the prebuilt compiler. i suppose that's a little anal..but i needed some
features built in.

-a-

Andrew Stack
UNIX Systems Administrator
State University at New Paltz
Phone: 914.257.3828

GNU/Linux - The choice of a GNU generation.....

One good solution to solve all your windows problems
is to install some flavor of UNIX. 8-)