Summit Partners (fwd)

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 13:23:35 -0600

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:19:52 -0400
From: "Moss, Jeffrey B." <JMoss@summitpartners.com>
To: "'wessels@ircache.net'" <wessels@ircache.net>
Subject: Summit Partners

I have been following Squid and I wanted to provide you with some
information about Summit Partners. Summit is one of the largest private
equity firms in the United States, managing over $3.5 billion of capital,
primarily raised from the nation's leading investment institutions, several
Fortune 500 companies, and university endowment funds. Since our founding
in 1984, we have been the fastest growing private equity firm in the nation
and are currently investing Summit Ventures V, a $1.1 billion equity fund.

Summit has particular experience in the Internet Solutions industry, and we
are actively pursuing investments in this area. Notable companies in the
industry financed by Summit's professionals include BURST! Media, CMGI,
e-Media, E-Tek Dynamics, E-Commerce Exchange, Fry Multimedia, Hyperion
Software, Logical Design Solutions, Network Associates, Newmarket
Associates, RightNow Technologies, Stanford Microdevices, Staples.com,
telcobuy.com, Tribal Voice, Unica Technologies WebEx, and WebSideStory.

Summit focuses on private companies with significant growth potential, where
management has successfully guided the company through the development
stage. We are also distinguished from other private equity firms by the
frequency and experience with which we lead investments. We act quickly
when we see a company that meets our investment criteria and are creative in
meeting the needs of outstanding entrepreneurs including assisting owners in
recognizing some immediate liquidity if they are interested. We prefer to
be the first venture capital investor and usually commit significant sums of
capital to a company, generally between $5 and $100 million.

We at Summit feel strongly that our partnership with a company goes well
beyond providing financial support. Summit professionals typically serve on
the board of directors of our portfolio companies and work closely with
these companies to expand service and product areas, develop management
teams, and grow companies internationally. As your partner, we can offer
industry contacts, introductions to our investors and potential customers,
and initial public offering and acquisition assistance. In the last five
years, over 60 of our portfolio companies have completed public offerings
with our assistance.

I look forward to learning more about your company and would direct you to
our Web site at www.summitpartners.com for additional information on Summit.
In addition, please don't hesitate to contact me if I can answer any
questions or provide further information.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey B. Moss
Summit Partners
600 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 2800