SQUID 2.2-STABLE5 ACL no-cache nitemarish problem.

From: James Porter <webmaster@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:55:14 -0400

I'm sorry to bother everyone out there with. But this problem wont go away
and perhaps I've encoded everyones helpful responses incorrectly. I'm
running SQUID 2.2STABLE5. Its on FreeBSD 3.2. AMD K6-II 450 MHz CPU. 378
megs of 100 MHZ SDRAM. Boot drive 8 gig EIDE. SQUID Cache drive 9 gig
Ultra Wide2 SCSI. Cache allocated space 4096 megs. SQUID has always
performed very usefully for me. I understand that there is a problem with
page refresh information going to Internet Explorer.

Here's how we're setup as an webhosting service. Each domain hosted as a
SQUID redirect IP & domain name which is its real work name and an internal
IP address with its domain name appended to .ap.aeonflux.net extension
which is what the actual webserver supplies data from. I use redirectors
to map everything to the internal IP. So ALL instances of arriving calls
for that domain end up mapped to that address. The domain show below is
the one I am trying to force ALL "htm" and "html" pages to be NO cached by
the http accelerator of SQUID. So that when a call comes from the main net
trying to reach this domain no caching is done on that domain for those
types of pages. I had THOUGHT it was working. But a complaint just
arrived from the customer and I checked and SQUID is caching the pages
again. And I know that NONE of the pages were in the cache after I
restarted SQUID with the below ACL's because I manually keyed in every page
using the "client" purge option and confirmed for all page variations. If
I cannot get SQUID to stop caching these pages of this website we host I am
going to have put that site on direct IP access to the webserver and never
us SQUID for it again.

Have I coded this wrong in the squid.conf?

James.........

acl to_allspandexwear.com dstdomain .spandexwear.com
acl HTML url_regex -i \.html$ \.htm$
no_cache deny to_allspandexwear.com HTML

acl to_spandexwear.com dstdomain spandexwear.com
acl HTML url_regex -i \.html$ \.htm$
no_cache deny to_spandexwear.com HTML

acl to_iphighspandexwear.com dstdomain 63.163.227.105
acl HTML url_regex -i \.html$ \.htm$
no_cache deny to_iphighspandexwear.com HTML

acl to_iplowspandexwear.com dstdomain 63.163.227.89
acl HTML url_regex -i \.html$ \.htm$
no_cache deny to_iplowspandexwear.com HTML