Squid is closing ALL connections (no persistent connections)

From: Chris <rodent@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:12:00 -0400

Sorry to keep bugging the list, but I've got a bit more info:

I originally set up Squid as an accellerator mode to cache incoming requests and noticed that persistent connection requests would not be persistent (Squid would append a response header "Connection: close", and close the socket after sending the response.)

So, to verifiy that this is an "accellerator mode" problem, I ran squid as the standard proxy-cache and perform the same test. Now, squid responds with Proxy-Connection: close and still closes the socket. I REALLY need Squid to keep connections persistent as I am trying to use squid in an industry standard benchmark for a major hardware vendor.

The GET request to squid is:
GET /default.htm HTTP/1.1
Accept */*
Host: myserver
Connection: Keep-Alive

The response is a standard HTTP/1.0 response except that squid appends "Connection: close" to the header. When I look in the cache.log I see that Squid calls "fd_close" on all the sockets after the respective info has been sent. Why would it do this if the client has specifically asked for persistent connections (and the target server can handle persistent connections)?

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated!