Re: LDAP authentication

From: Joel Taqueban <jtaqueba@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 22:20:27 +0800

Dear Ilker & squid users,

I've got my squid ldap authentication working. Thanks a lot!

But there's one thing I noticed: when I added the authentication I was
surprised that the disallowed times for my users to access the Internet
is no longer working - I mean they can now readily access the whole web
even after the allowed times. Here's my ACLs and http_access
definitions:

I've tried making changes to the ACLs. Here is my complete list:

     authenticate_program /usr/local/squid/bin/squid_ldap_auth
myldapserver

    acl all src 0.0.0.0/0
     acl ldap proxy_auth REQUIRED
     acl allowedsites dstdomain dhl.com
     acl allowedtimes time S M T W H F A 06:00-21:00

     http_access allow ldap
     http_access allow allowedsites
     http_access allow allowedtimes
     http_access deny all

Previously, before implementing the authentication last Monday, my users
are not able to access non-DHL sites after the allowed times (from 2101
hrs to 0559 hrs), and that they are prompted of an error message telling
that they are only allowed from 0600 hrs to 2100 hrs. They could
however, only access valid DHL sites even during disallowed times.

Now, however after implementing authentication, I noticed that they
could readily access non-DHL sites even during the disallowed times!
(i.e., from 2101 hrs onwards) Reviewing the ACLs I have above, what
seems to be wrong?

Joel