dns problem and optimisation

From: michel guilhem <michel.guilhem@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 20:12:25 +0200

i have more than 5000 users and only 32 dnsservers
The stats of the webmin cachemanager show that often the 32 dnsservers
are alive and busy and requests queued .
I'm testing bind in the configuration of "cache-domainname-server" .
This may be a solution but when i go on the squid.conf i have a
parameter called dns_cache and this parameter ask to inscribe an
executable .
Could you give to me more informations on this parameter .
If you have any solutions to optimize the dns processes for the squid i
listen you

Thank you very much

mailto:michel.guilhem@cp.finances.gouv.fr