Reverse Proxy

From: Tom DeSot <tomd@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 16:59:40 -0500

I'm stuck and need to see if anyone has seen this before.

Here is a copy of my squid.conf file:
http_port 80
debug_options ALL,2
httpd_accel_host xxx.xxx.xxx.xx
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_with_proxy on
proxy_auth_realm Squid Server
authenticate_program /usr/local/bin/ncsa_auth /etc/squid/passwd
authenticate_children 5
acl passwd proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow passwd
http_access deny all

I start squid using the squid -NCd1 for debugging and it starts just fine.

Then when I try to connect, it brings up the log in prompt correctly, but
fails everytime to authenticate no matter what user and password I use.

In the debugg it states "proxy_auth password not applicable on accelerated
requests"

What am I missing or will this just not work for what I'm trying to do?
(Server up pages from a server on our internal network to our DMZ)

Tom