Re:RE: https

From: <kst.amand@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 12:58:42 -0400

Thanks for the feedback, but yes - that was the first thing we did change - the
resulting confusion is the reason for my original posting.

Subject: RE: https
Author: <squid-users@ircache.net>
Date: 5/12/00 9:50 AM

I'm a newbie, but the first place I'd check is to verify that you're not
blocking your SSL port in the ACLs.

The default squid.conf that came with my distribution (2.3.STABLE2) already
had it configured for use with https so you may wish to model yours after
it:

<begin>

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl manager proto cache_object
acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
acl SSL_ports port 443 563 #<----- port 443 is the default https
port
acl Safe_ports port 80 21 443 563 70 210 1025-65535 #<----- again
acl Safe_ports port 280 # http-mgmt
acl Safe_ports port 488 # gss-http
acl Safe_ports port 591 # filemaker
acl Safe_ports port 777 # multiling http
acl CONNECT method CONNECT
<...>
#Default configuration:
http_access allow manager localhost
http_access deny manager
http_access deny !Safe_ports #<--- 443 is in Safe_ports, so is not denied
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports #<---- likewise for SSL_ports

<end>

This may not be your problem. Like I said, I'm still new to squid, so I may
be way off. But that's the first place I'd check.

Good luck!