Re: concurrent connections

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 20:15:57 +0200

There is no know upper limit in Squid, but performance will degrade
somewhat as the number of connections increase.

You are probably seeing other limitations in the OS. For example how
many TCP connections/second are Squid trying to make to other servers?

Quick items to check:

1. netstat --inet -a -n | wc -l

2. /var/log/messages

3. squid/log/cache.log

4. Settings in /proc/sys/fs/file-nr, inode-nr

5. /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_port_range