How is squid performing?

From: <hillel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 01:27:28

Greetings

Thanks, for all your previous insightful responses.

1) Is there any tool to view how squid caching is performing?
I have no Parent/Siblings and I'm using squid as a http accelerator.

My guess to the most acurate way to do this is:
How many objects have the sum of (TCP_MISS and TCP_RERFESH_MISS and
TCP_CLIENT_REFRESH_MISS) versus the
sum of other squid result codes (minus objects you've set to not cache).
Is there any available software that can do this or even partially?

2) In my access.log, as you can see below, I'm getting the NONE variable,
does this mean
something to do with the object being cached?

0 62.60.13.57 TCP_MEM_HIT/200 1355 GET http://192.168.1.10/images/
GCSECon4886Img937.gif - NONE/- image/gif

3) Is there any software to tell, on average or even just for the most
frequent objects cached, how long objects are being
cached before they are replaced?
As this will indicate if there are any problems with the expires headers in
the ASP pages and the squid
server won't be blamed it objects arn't cached.

Any help appreciated