Cache Peer's

From: Matthew <matthew@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 18:37:25 +0100 (BST)

I have the following line in my squid.conf

        cache_peer sch-proxy.ntli.net parent 8002

this proxy peer does all sorts of nice filtering. currently, i think that
my squid looks up a request on its cache, then it looks it up on cache
peer, and if its not there then it handles the request.
is this correct?
Because of its filtering, i want requests to be looked up on the cache
peer, and then sent back to my squid so it can store it in my cache.

at what stage does the parent cache get asked by my squid?

any help greatly appreciated.
thnx.