Re: two squid daemons

From: Jens-S. Voeckler <voeckler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 12:08:34 +0200

Ronald Warner wrote:

> are there advantages to using two or more squid daemons in one
> linuxbox?
> >
> > > can I have two squid daemons running on the same linux box
> > > (rh6.2)?
> >
> > We do it with Solaris, but essentially, the answer is "yes".
> >
> > > if yes, can they share the same cache directory?
> >
> > No. And the cache_dir partitions should *not* even share
> > the same disk.

This was answered yesterday, I believe. Unless you have *plenty*
of resources (RAM, CPUs, disks), there are more disadvantages
to running more than one Squid per machines than there are
perceived advantages. This statement is independent of the OS
underneath.

--
Le deagh dhùrachd,
Dipl.-Ing. Jens-S. Vöckler (voeckler@rvs.uni-hannover.de)