NCSA_AUTH + htpasswd

From: Garringer, Mark <MGarringer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 20:26:14 -0500

I have gotten this working, however, when I grabbed the latest version of
apache (1.3.12) so I could use the htpasswd program I am getting some
strange results on my HPUX 11.0 system.

./htpasswd -c ./passwd (user)
New password:
Re-type new password:
./htpasswd: unable to create temporary file
fopen: No such file or directory

I compiled the htpasswd program on a redhat 6.1 system, and I was able to
create a passwd file from that and use it on my HP system (which is where I
want to run the squid software) but it seems that it should be working under
a compiled version with HPUX. If anyone could offer advice that would be
great!

Thanks,
--Mark