Tunning SQUID

From: Ricardo Linux <linux@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 21:46:53 -0300

Hi... I have one link of 512K with 250 machines on a LAN using a RHL6.2 running the SQUID/2.3-STABLE1 to serve they. I seems that its performance is very low. The machine where I'm running the SQUID is a AMD K6-II 500 / 128MB RAM / HD 8.3 GB UDMA 33 / ASUS P5A. When some station opens a page that already was opened per another station of the network, has much delay, seems that the objects are not being served by cache. Hardly I see activity on the HD LED of the Linux where SQUID is running. I would like more information on Squid's configuration and otimization, or if possible, a configuration file example... and also, to know if exists some way to calculate the size of cache, RAM memory..., because on the SQUID's site does not have information about this.

Thank You

Ricardo linux@netcomp.com.br