Cisco WCCP Questions

From: Randy Cosby <dcosby@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 10:27:06 -0600

I'm getting ready to set up a WCCP-aware squid linux box hanging off my
Cisco 4700M. It currently is running Version 11.2(19)P1.

I have 64M in the router, and am running BGP4 between a couple peers. I
have not yet activated WCCP 1.0, and am wondering what the memory and
processor implications will be on the router. As I understand it, WCCP 1.0
on this version of IOS will not be running on the Cisco Express Forwarding
engine, is that correct? Will I see a performance/cpu hit?

(I'm not the cisco guy, just doing some footwork. Sorry if I sound
ignorant.)

Randy Cosby
InfoWest, Inc.