Are acl blocked items cached?

From: Simon Bryan <sbryan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 08:40:54 +1000

Hi,
In terms of the new communications act I believe that we need to know what
is in our proxy caches. I see three major impacts:
1. You need to have a well published policy on what is considered apropriate
for your site.
2. You need to have some meansof enforcing that policy with known
consequences.
3. You need to be able to track who breached the policy.

Hence my question, when I use acl rules in Squid does it still download the
content but then refuse to serve it up, or does it not download it at all?

As an associated question: any ideas on why 'failure url's' work on some
machines / rules and not on others?

Cheers,

--
Simon Bryan                    sbryan@olmc.nsw.edu.au