Squid caching problem

From: Quang Truong <quang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 11:58:37 -0500

I have Squid 2.3 running on Linux Red hat 6.2. Squid was configured to run
in accelerate mode with one original server. That means if I have squid
running at port 80 on IP x.x.x.x and my accelerator host is also at port 80
on IP y.y.y.y, then when I request a page from a client browser as
http://x.x.x.x, it would squid over to http://y.y.y.y. This works fine but
the problem is that Squid did not cache all the pages that I browsed
through. I checked in the cache directory and I found nothing and also in
the access.log, it showed "TCP_MISS/200" all the time.

Anybody experienced this same problem. Is it a configuration problem? please
help.

Thanks,

Quang Truong
Stocksmart