Re: Stop browsers caching web pages

From: Martin Brooks <martin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 01:02:21 +0100

At 14:47 28/05/00 +0200, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>Martin Brooks wrote:
>
> > Basically you can't. I found an annoying oddity that even you when write a
> > web page with all the tags you like to prevent caching, IE will /still/
> > cache it. Annoying.
>
>Worked fine last time I played with IE...

I'd made a change to a web page that was just a few lines of text. I'd
set the pages expiry date set to be in the past, set pragma no cache and
had cleared both the memory and disk caches in IE. IE still displayed the
old version of the page even with a shift-reload.

Martin A. Brooks
The package said Windows NT 4 or better - I installed Linux.