Re: Memory size using LFUDA

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 04:45:08 +0200

Chris Conn wrote:

> Actually, I reduced my cache_mem to 50MB when I saw the swapping, and 24
> hours later it was back up to 30MB of swap on the cache machine. I have
> since gone back to LRU since left alone it would have eventually filled
> the swap...

Either there is a memory leak, or you are close enought to the memory
limit that LFUDA's slightly higher memory usage/object and it'ls larger
object count pushes you into swap.

Which I don't know. You haven't provided any statistics showing LRU
statistics or object counts, and I haven't tried the HEAP based policies
yet.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker