Re: SSL

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 16:54:29 +0200

Squirm is not a proxy of any kind, so no. It is a URL
rewriter/redirector to be used in conjunction with Squid.

To continue this discussion in a meaningful manner please first define
what you mean by reverse proxying of HTTPS.

1) Where is the SSL encryption & identification to be performed?
   1a) Between the user agent and the origin server
   1b) Between the user agent and the reverse proxy, then unencrypted
between the reverse proxy and the origin server
   1c) On a hop by hop basis. First between the user agent and the
proxy, and then reencrypted between the proxy and the origin server
using another set of SSL keys.

2) Do you want any proxy based caching to be involved?

--
Henrik Nordstrom