Re: Re: 2.2-s5 diff with 2.3-s3 in dstdomain?

From: <big_fish@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 09:31:05 +0800 (CST)

> big_fish@email.com.cn wrote:
> >
> > In 2.2-s5,I use parent proxy with the following dstdomain
> > setting: "acl proxy_domain dstdomain -i xyz.com"
> > it works well.
> > but when I upgraded to 2.3-s3,I must use the folloing format:
> > "acl proxy_domain dstdomain -i .xyz.com" to have it work.
> > That's to say,I must add an additional dot to xyz.com .
>
> Correct. The format of dstdomain has changed to now require a leading
> dot for matching whole domains (without a dot it only matches that exact
> hostname).
>
> > But when I change some setting in "always_direct" and "never_direct"
> > policy, "xyz.com"(without additional dot) format works again.
> > But that "always_direct" and "never_direct" policy are not what I want.
>
> No idea. What changes to always/never direct did you do, and in what way
> did it work as you expected?

My original policy is like the following:
---------------
..
acl proxy_domain dstdomain -i xyz.com
always_direct deny proxy_domain
always_direct allow all
never_direct allow all
..
---------------
(I want only xyz.com domain use parent proxy)
It is OK in 2.2-s5,but not in 2.3-s3!

In 2.3-s3,if I use only "never_direct allow all"(Without other policy)
Then xyz.com domain can use parent correctly.But every domain will use it too.
That's not what I want.

> --
> Henrik Nordstrom
> Squid hacker