RE: Transparent cache problem: clients cannot refresh pages!

From: Dan Larsson <dl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 17:59:27 +0200

| So squid cannot tell from MSIE request if it is Refresh or normal open.
| And it is impossible to use Squid as a transparent cache with MSIE.
| Now I am interested - is anybody really running transparent cache in
| production environment ?

Yes. The only issues I've experienced is IE v4.0+ -> Squid -> Cobalt RaQ3
That is where pages reside on a RaQ server, that does not get updated. Otherwise
it runs very smoothly.

I'm not sure of this but I've heard the refresh issues with transparent caches and
IE were fixed in IE v5.5. Could anybody verify this?

Regards
Dan Larsson