Re: caching CGI Scripts

From: Felix Enning <felix@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 15:24:02 +0200

Hello everybody,

I read quite carefully the FAQ and searched in the archives, but I
didn't found a solution to my problem.
(but perhaps I was blind?)

I want to use Squid 2.2 as a http-accelerator for the public pages
dynamically generated by our content management system. These sides
usually changed not very frequently and it would be possible to cache
the output of some of the cgi scripts we use for, say, 1 hour. (Perl,
some of the scripts > 10.000 lines of pure code and LOTS of SQL
connections to an Oracle DBMS... Its WORTH caching it!)

Ok, now I tried some of the tricks a read here to cache a cgi script
which I called for testing with absolutely the same parameters and which
doesn't produce a "no-cache". But SQUID still seems to refuse caching
it.
Based on a basic (http-accel) configuration:
Which are the lines in squid.conf, that do the magic trick? Or is it a
problem related to the Apache ModPerl we use? Or is there a tool, which
would suite better to our problem?
Squid seems to be a very powerful tool, but I will not use 99,9% of its
features in my scenario...

Thank you for any help,

Felix

--
Felix Enning           Tel.: 0221 92 12 60 32
Softwareentwickler     Hohenzollernring 103        http://www.dimedis.de