Re: Hit Ratio

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 11:39:40 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Craig Whitmore wrote:

> But how do I find out how many days the cache holds?
> It took just over a week to fill up the cache partitions

You're coming at it from the wrong direction - how much traffic do you
carry each day? Just multiply this value to find how big you should make
your cache. I'm assuming that you're keeping stats on traffic seperately
to your Squid info - if you're not, you probably should be if you want to
analyse your network activity and performance.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781