Re: Squid 2.3 : Multi-host accelerator with redirect

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 01:41:12 +0200

Mohamed Badri wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How can i configure squid to accelerate three Web servers.
> i create an program redirection, an i set in the config file :
>
> httpd_accel_host virtual
> httpd_accel_port 80

"httpd_accel_host virtual" is not what I think you think it is.

Most likely you want to have

httpd_accel_host your.main.website
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

and then have a redirector rewriting the URL's to the three webservers.

Note: There needs to be a 1-1 mapping between requested and rewritten
URL, so if these three webservers have any virtual domains then some
further work might be required.

One simple setup for accelerators with multiple backend servers with
possibly multiple virtual domains is to not use a redirector, but
instead use a local /etc/hosts table (Squid-2.3 must be built with
--disable-internal-dns for this to work).

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker