Re: Ignore Cookies

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 01:19:16 +0200

hillel@learn.co.za wrote:

> I've got an IIS4 server that automatically creates cookies when
> it gives out asp pages with sessions. The database developer says
> he doesn't know how to create sessions without the default cookie.

My first question is do the application really make use of sessions (the
Session ASP object)? If not then sessions should be disabled for the
application. Doing so makes both IIS and Squid a lot happier, and with
the only "bad" effect that the Session ASP object won't be available for
storing session specific information.

> How can I get Squid to cache the page stripping the cookie? Without
> the cooking actually going to the browser, IIS4 will still think it's
> got the session open until the session times-out value expires,
> according to our developer. This is no problem as we don't have any
> confidential info being passed durring the session.

ASP sessions are browser unique. What you propose does not make sense if
the application makes use of sessions.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker