eeek :P

From: Daniel Evans <daniel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 13:29:32 +1200

Okay,

My current SQUID config file looks like this :

> http_port 3128
> debug_options all,1
> acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
> http_access allow all
> dns_testnames www.aaria.net.nz
> cache_effective_under nobody nogroup
> httpd_accel_host virtual
> httpd_accel_port 80
> httpd_accel_with_proxy on
> httpd_accel_users_host_header on
> cache_dir ufs /cache 6400 64 256
> cache_mem 300MB

We have a server running RedHat Linux 6.1, 1GB Ram, 5 x 18GB SCSI Drives, Raid 5 array etc.. Squid 2.2 STABLE4

We have just changed the maximum number of file descriptors in the distribution of Linux that we have to 16384 and the number in Squid to the same (from 1024) previously...

Our Squid proxy still slows down requests until it eventually stops responding to any requests (after about 1 hour of running).. there is not much in the proxy stores by this stage and there wasnt a tremendous amount of reads per second going through it ..

Any ways I can tighten up the above config to tune it to my system so that it will A) run efficently) and B) actually continue to proxy data without just.. err. stopping?!?!

Regards,
Daniel Evans B.Sc (Comp Sci), B.Com (Acct), MCSE
Chief Technical Officer
Aaria Star Net
Alternative Futures Limited
Penthouse, Level 26, BNZ Tower
125 Queen Street
Auckland, NEW ZEALAND
Telephone:: + 64 9 307 1629
Facsimile: +64 9 373 3997
Direct Dial Line: +64 9 912 2760
Mobile: +64 21 316 111

The information contained in this message and any annexures
is confidential and intended only for the named recipient(s).
If you have received this message in error, you are
prohibited from reading, copying, distributing and using the
information.

the sender immediately by return email and destroy the