Re Delay Pools and Destination Control Lists

From: Bruce A. Smith <bruces@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue Jun 13 22:14:45 +0200 (SAST) 2000

Hi

Sorry to bother the list with a question which is probably stupid. But
here goes anyway.:_)

Is it possible to use delay pools on a Squid proxy to limit traffic to
certain sites to a segment of our bandwidth. The proxy is on the wrong
side of a firewall and we want our users to have unrestricted access to
all other sites. Also, if possible, does Squid match hostnames or only IP
addresses for destinations? Now that's a question I can get shot for.

Thank you for your time in advance.

Bruce A. Smith
Cache Administrator - Port Elizabeth Technikon, RSA