Cache.log FATAL ERROR

From: <josepedro@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 10:46:43 GMT

Hello again! While trying to solve my previuous problems,
i ended up chechink the cache.log file but there is a
Fatal Error message, which is:
"FATAL: Failed to verify one of the swap directories
check cache.log for details. Run Squid -z to create swap
directories if needed, or if running squid for the first
time."
I tried to run squid -z but the response to it
is "bash:... command not found". I think that this is
related with the previuos problem i email, because the
last good thing on cache.log dates to 16 of May ( the
date of the log file being emailed).
Please help me with this.
Cheers.
Thanks.