High system load

From: Hans Dumbrajs <hansd@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 23:12:51 +0300

Hi!
I'm having a problem with squid running on Linux 2.2.16.
I set up the cache a couple of days ago on a K6-200Mhz machine
with 64MBRAM and 128MB swap.
Squid 2.3Stable3 is configured as a transparent proxy.
The cache dir is 1GB in size. This cache handles at the maximum
50 users at a single time. The cache has been running fine for
4 days now, but today the system load reported by top suddenly
jumped to 1.0, and won't come down from there. There is nothing
in the squid logfiles, and squid still seeems to be running fine,
but the system load just won't come down.. It had been around
0.08-0.20 the last couple of days.

Any ideas?
thanks!

--