query

From: Saugata Das Purkayastha <saugata@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 23:04:16 +0530 (IST)

My university uses squid proxy server. When, I try to access web through
my browser, squid, asks for authentication based on user Id and password.
After that, it never verifies the user Id and password, if we use the same
browser window, but if we open a new browser window, it will again verify
the user. I want to know, whether squid maintains one persistent TCP
connection, with each browser window; authenticating the user, before the
connection is set up. And this TCP connection is maintained, till we
close the browser. Is my idea correct???

bye,
saugata