Re: Squid issues using Satellite system

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 23:20:43 +0200

Ben Capili wrote:

> So here's my question. Is there anything I can put in the squid.conf file
> to direct the internet data it has retrieved to a particular
> gateway/server?

No, that is a routing decision, and handled by the IP routing layer. For
this type of operation you would use policy routing based on the proxy
ip,port pair.

Dont make things more complicated than they are by mixing up layer 3/4
with layer 7. Squid is an application and thus operates at layer 7 (or
above the TCP layer, depending on how you count).

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker