Checking port access

From: Aubrey Davies <aubrey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 14:50:11 +0200

Hi

Is there a program or a way of checking if my ports are open. I have checked
cachemgr.cgi but it just checks my ACL's.
I am sure I have this correct. I need to open ports 15000 to 15010 and I
have created an ACL and then applied the ACL as follows:

acl stdbank port 15000-15010
http_access allow stdbank
http_access deny all

I am running 2.2 STABLE3.

If I check using some compiled software supplied by the application
providers, it fails, but I cannot see in this software how exactly it is
writing to these ports, so I do not have an argument.

I have pulled my hair out the whole day

TIA

Aubrey Davies (aubrey@isoft.co.za)
I-Soft Net Pty Ltd, 16 Napier Street, Cape Town, South Africa
Tel: 4197140
Mobile: 0832287064
SMS: 0832287064@sms.co.za
http://www.isoftnet.co.za